Promoting the growth of e-commerce in the Philippines since 1997 Janette Toral is the site owner of DigitalFilipino.com. She is the author of the DigitalFilipino: An E-Commerce Guide for the eFilipino and DigitalFilipino E-Commerce Workshop.
She currently serves her community in the DigitalFilipino Club and the public at large through training and consulting in the area of e-commerce, digital marketing, blog campaign, and the likes.
She is a Certified Scrum Master and Certified Scrum Product Owner.
She participated in the IVLP or International Visitors Leadership Program 2011 (individual program) sponsored by the U.S. Embassy. Featured as 1 of the 6 women innovator at the APEC Women and Economy Summit 2011, San Francisco, USA.
She got recognized as Champion of Philippine Internet and E-Commerce Hall of Fame Award given by Asian Institute of E-Commerce in 2010; Globe Tattoo Digital Elder Award 2009; E-Services E-Champion Awards 2008 – Policy and Legal Category by the Department of Trade and Industry / CITEM / Board of Investments; International Schools Cyberfair Ambassador Award 2004 and 2002 given by Global Schoolnet USA; World Summit for the Information Society (WSIS) Philippines Awards 2003 E-Learning Category for her E-Commerce Workshop Online.
Janette, as technical consultant / executive director of the Congressional Oversight Committee for the E-Commerce Law, was instrumental for the creation of policies in the area of consumer protection (value added services, e-commerce, electronic banking), data privacy for the private sector, and acceptance of electronic payment in government.
As founding president of the Philippine Internet Commerce Society, she was instrumental for the passage of the Y2K Law and E-Commerce Law. She retired in 2002. Other organizations she served as board member in the past were the Philippine Computer Emergency Response Team (PH-CERT) and Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines (IMMAP).
She is offering this program to help fulfill her advocacy in supporting 100 E-Commerce Start-Ups from all over the country.
More info about her at http://digitalfilipino.com/about/
Janette’s e-commerce experience includes:
- Writing and selling articles, e-books, printed books, and reports online since 1995.
- Creation and maintenance of small to large scale blog and e-commerce sites ranging from 50 visits (small) to 300,000 (large) visits a day since 1997. (under non-disclosure agreement)
- Conduct online and offline research that includes questionnaire design, actual interviews, analysis, report creation, and selling of reports since 2001.
- Development and public offering of free and paid e-learning training programs since 2003.
- Development and management of paid community-based sites since 2003.
- Launch product promotions, contest, campaigns through blog, search, and social media using tools to develop, implement, and track conversion.
- Design, Create, and Manage SEO (online) Lead Generation Network.
Janette Toral also handles the following training programs online